Sasha's email is barelytogether at yahoo dot com
Helen at Just Nice Things featured Sasha on a 20 Questions post on 10-22-10.
Good morning everyone! I hope you are all well. I’m really happy to bring you today’s 20 Questions contributor – Sasha from the fantastic blog Manicure Mommas. This was one of the first blogs I stumbled upon nearly two years ago now.
1) Why did you start your blog?
I realized I had a full-on addiction to nail polish and wanted an outlet for my obesession- sort of to justify my purchases to myself. “It’s for the blog…”
2) How long have you been blogging for?
since Dec 2008
3) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
It’s so much fun to contribute to such a fun community of bloggers- I just like being a part of the group of ladies who love what I love.
4) What frustrates you most about blogging?
With two small children (ages 4 and 7) and a full-time job outside the home, doing swatches of a collection of polishes is hard. And I typically don’t find time to polish my nails until 9 pm, which means I can’t take outdoor pics until the next afternoon.
5) How much time a week do you spend on your blog / reading other people’s blogs?
Too much! I would hate to add it all up! I’m quite the multi-slacker, so I check in on various blogs, message boards, and Twitter all during the day.
6) What advice do you have for aspiring beauty bloggers?
Just jump in there and get to posting! Don’t worry if you pics are perfect, you’ll get better with time and practice.
7) What other hobbies/interests do you have?
I am a beauty product junkie and also love couponing. I love the thrill of a good deal and am amazed when stores pay me to take products home. I have been a runner for almost 7 years and am hoping to do a half marathon in December 2010. I trained for one in Spring 2009, but injured my foot and never got past running 11 miles. I’m also part of a group that founded a local non-profit music festival that just completed it’s third year.
8 ) How many bottles of nail varnish do you own?
At least 225, but I haven’t updated my spreadsheet lately, so I’m not sure
9) Do you set yourself a shopping budget, or do you purchase on an as-and-when basis?
No budget…… But since I’m an accountant, I always have a general idea in my head of what’s appropriate to spend.
10) What is your favourite make-up brand, and why?
Benefit- I am a fan of all the boxed blushes and have almost all of them- all I lack is Dallas.
11) Do you ever leave the house without wearing make-up?
Sure- exercising, etc. On weekends, if I am going somewhere, I at least put on some powder, blush, mascara and lip gloss.
12) What is your favourite beauty product and why?
TheBalm Stainiac in Beauty Queen- it’s a gorgeous gel-stain that I use on my lips for long-lasting color. I love a strong lip and can’t get into the nude lip trend.
13) What is your favourite nail varnish of all time? (yep, only one!)
OPI Los Angeles Latte- that’s what I wore at my wedding in 1999. I wore it again recently and didn’t love it as much as I did back then, but it still reminds me of my favorite day, so it’ll always be a favorite polish.
14) Tell us about the best holiday you’ve ever been on.
My husband and I went to Hawaii in 2000 and it was the most glorious week of my life. Beautiful scenery, amazing food, and I loved the Lava Flow drinks too!
15) What would be your ideal day off?
Sleeping in, running, taking my time getting ready for the day, then on to Sephora for some browsing. I’d love to catch up on some TV that’s been on my DVR for a while and read the newest Sophie Kinsella book that I haven’t had a chance to read yet.
16) What is your favourite TV show?
How I Met Your Mother is just genius, but I get so excited about Big Brother starting again- I love that show!
17) What music do you enjoy listening to?
I’m a classic rock girl- I love Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and Eric Clapton. But I also like a little country and current pop.
18) What is your favourite food?
Dessert- I have the worst sweet tooth! Tiramisu is probably my favorite.
19) Where would you most like to visit in the world? (money no object)
I would love to visit Italy.
20) Tell us a secret…
My parents don’t know about my blogs… it’s gone on for so long now without them knowing, I think their feelings will be hurt if I let them in on the secret!