Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Although I love doing my nails (and I totally wish I was a nail tech) this working mom of two just doesn't have a lot of time on her hands.
But I've found that by following this routine, if I'm done painting my nails by 9 pm, I can go to sleep at 10 and not have any sheet marks at all. Plus, my mani will last 4-5 days with no chips- I usually just have to repaint because of new growth and tip wear.
So without further ado, my nail routine:
2. Wash your hands and dry them well.
3. Orly Bonder. This is fab- takes any oily residue off your nails and gives your polish something to stick to. Key to a long-lasting mani.
4. Sally Hanson Nailgrowth Miracle in the gold bottle. Love this as a basecoat. Watch for CVS to have their BOGO or BOGO half off on Sally products and stock up.
5. OPI polish (2 coats). In my non-professional opinion, the best polish there is. One of my faves is I'm Not Really a Waitress.
6. Seche Vite top coat. I won't use any other top coat. This is a super-fast dry topcoat with a fab shine. Expensive, but worth it!
7. Creative Nail Design Cuticle Eraser. Keeping your cuticles neat and clean is one of the keys to making your manicure last longer. This product is fabulous and I massage this into my cuticles a few times a day to prevent hangnails and prevent cuticle buildup.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I'm super impressed with the wear, although you can see the finish has changed a little. I wouldn't call it shiny like normal polish, but it's lost a little of it's super-matte finish. But I have absolutely no chips and just a small amount of tip wear.
I am pretty sure I took both of these in my bathroom in identical lighting.
This is basically day 4 and I've showered three times (each morning) and applied lotion and cuticle cream as usual- no way I can give that up.
I'm satisfied with this polish and can't wait to try the other two Zoya mattes!
Monday, July 6, 2009
Girls, I just don't know about this polish.... it was kind of hard to apply, and you can't use a topcoat, and that kind of freaks me out. It does dry awfully fast..... But it was kind of thick and gloppy.
Looking at it today, I do like the way it looks. I am anxious to see how long it lasts without chipping, since other bloggers said it chips pretty quick. I did use Orly Bonder underneath it, although they tell you not to. One blogger said to go ahead and do it because it makes it wear better.
On Zoya's website, they say not to use hand lotion, but that's plum crazy. I applied lotion as usual this AM and also used my CND Cuticle Eraser, and it doesn't look any different... so we shall see. Not sure of the final verdict yet.